Derek McCullough, security engineer with UNMC's information security team, will speak on social engineering (the use of deception to manipulate individuals into divulging confidential or personal information), phishing and information security.
Topics of discussion will include:
- How hackers exploit the human element;
- How does a compromised account increase our risk;
- How could this hurt the university and partners;
- How users are protected from malicious users;
- Common email phishing scams and patterns; and
- Physical security concerns for information systems.