The content management system (CMS) behind unmc.edu will undergo an update.
A demonstration of the new version is planned Thursday from 10:30 to 11:50 a.m. in the Durham Research Center, Room 1002. The demo will be recorded and made available for viewing.
The process of transitioning subsites within unmc.edu to the new version, Cascade 8, will take several months. An online knowledge base will be available during the transition and will include video instruction. Additional training will be available, if needed.
After the demo, content managers will have access to view the new version in an example site.
Some of the highlights of Cascade 8:
- New editor with option to preview in full-screen mode.
- Users can now browse folder contents in a gallery view with thumbnail images.
- Google Analytics Statistics reports for individual subsites.
- Changes to the drafts feature to indicate whether another user has recently saved a draft of the same asset and to prevent creation of a draft when the asset is locked or in Workflow.
- Tasks feature to allow content planning and discussion within the CMS.
- Alternative image descriptions added automatically with title or display name.
- Access, update and publish content from any device.
- System administrators can see the content manager’s view while troubleshooting issues.
The previous version of Cascade will shut down by the end of the year. Content managers will receive notice before each subsite’s transition. For more information, contact Anne Faylor or Greg Simon.