In Omaha, gently used or new items can be dropped off at drop boxes located in the Sorrell Center and in Bennett Hall.
The organizers are requesting:
- cold-weather clothing items such as hats, gloves and coats;
- other clothing items including T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, pants and shoes;
- toiletries such as soaps, toothpaste, deodorant and shampoo; and
- packaged foods such as canned vegetables and meats, boxed meals, granola bars and peanut butter.
In Kearney, items can be dropped off at the Health Science Education Complex or at the Nebraska Student Union at 1013 W. 27th St.
In Kearney, organizers are requesting:
- clothing for adults and children such as T-shirts, jackets, hoodies, pants, shoes and hats;
- bedding such as blankets and sheets;
- toiletries such as razors, soap, toothpaste and deodorant; and
- packaged foods such as granola bars, cereal bars, bottled water, macaroni and cheese and peanut butter.
Donated items will be used to help homeless and needy individuals in the Omaha and Kearney communities.