In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet:
- Name: Swagat Sharma
- Hometown: Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
- Program/Year: Pharmaceutical Science Graduate Program (Ph.D.), second year
What sparked your interest in pharmacy?
I did my bachelor's in pharmaceutical sciences in India and was fascinated by the science of drug discovery and the inter-disciplinary nature of drug discovery. The factor of luck associated with it keeps me thrilled and excited.
List three songs on your playlist.
- Garba -- folk music from my region (Gujarat) in India
- Bollywood music
- Latest YouTube hits
Your favorite study snack is:
Fruit and Nutribars
Your favorite app is:
Facebook and Chemistry by Design
Three things people may not know about you.
- As a child, I learned to play the Tabla (Indian classical music-drums) and have been playing ever since.
- I am passionate about food, politics and history.
- I am the first in my family to do a full-time, research-based Ph.D.
Very Good proud on you,
Congratulations dr God bless you
Great! keep it up.
Swagat, congratulations and you shall nail it. You were always diligent and sincere, these will take on a good path of life.
Congratulations and one of your passion is same of mine...Food..
Great!! Congratulations Swagat.
Congratulations Swagat !Proud and happy for you.
Abhinandan beta enjoy and take care
Arise awake and stop not till the goal is reach