Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday, Oct. 16, 7 a.m.-3 p.m., UNO's Dodge Street Campus.
- This is for personal items, not items used at work/school.
- Campus ID badge required.
- All paper will be shredded, for free.
- Alkaline batteries will be collected, for free.
- Only single use batteries -- AA, AAA, C, D, 9V.
- No rechargeable batteries of the same size, button/watch batteries or car batteries.
- Techno trash collected, for free.
- CDs, DVDs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, any type of computer disk.
- All cardboard or plastic cases must be removed and recycled prior to drop off.
- Small electronics will be collected, for free.
- No appliances, microwaves, TVs or any monitors of any size, or PCs.
- All items must be small enough to carry; smaller than a laptop.
- Examples include: phones, gaming systems, MP3 players, cameras, fitness trackers, handheld devices, alarm clocks, etc.
- This is different from what we provided on campus in April, no exceptions will be allowed.
- All items must be segregated prior to drop off, we cannot sort on-site. Containers with mixed items will not be accepted.
- For complete information, click here.
The drop-off location will be at the H&K (Health and Kinesiology) shuttle stop on the UNO campus. It's recommended that you come to campus from Elmwood Park or on University Drive East in order to loop through campus and be able to pull into the cutout. Please see area marked on the map. You will then easily be able to exit using University Drive West onto Dodge or turn around and go back out Elmwood Park. UNO will be on fall break at this time, so campus traffic will be minimal.
This event is not open to the public, but you are welcome to share this information with anyone on campus.