Dr. Gold to speak at meeting
UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., will give his annual address to the faculty, titled "Healthcare 2050," at the annual faculty meeting at 3 p.m., April 23, in the Durham Research Center Auditorium. A reception hosted by Chancellor Gold will follow the event.
The ceremony will be broadcast through ZOOM and can be accessed from desktop computers or at the following sites at UNMC's non-Omaha campuses:
- College of Nursing-Lincoln, Room 336
- College of Dentistry-Lincoln Dixon Auditorium, Room 1145
- College of Nursing-Kearney, Health Science Education Complex, Room 102
- College of Nursing-Norfolk, Room 189
- Scottsbluff - College of Nursing, Regional West Medical Center, Room B132
- Name: Dmitry Oleynikov, M.D.
- Title: Joseph and Richard Still Endowed Professor of Surgery; Chief Gastrointestinal, Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery; Director Center for Advanced Surgical Technology
- Joined UNMC: 2001
- Hometown: New York City
What are the greatest rewards of teaching?
Inspiring new students to increase their goals and aspirations.
Describe a moment in your career when you realized you had picked the right occupation?
I have always wanted to be a surgeon and the first operation that I got to perform as an intern solidified that.
What are the biggest challenges you face as a teacher?
Time to teach is the greatest challenge due to many competing requirements.
How do you know when you've been successful as a teacher?
Success as a teacher for me equals my ability to inspire and train the next generation of surgeons!
Dmitri, You are truly the man who can do it all! Sincere congratulations.
Congrats, DO!! We are so lucky to have you on the UNMC team!!
Congratulations, Dmitry! You inspire many!
Congratulations to a great surgeon and teacher