Re-Imagining U is a collaborative employee training and development program organized by the human resources offices at both UNMC and the University of Nebraska at Omaha. More than 40 courses will be offered in the program this fall, including four intensive cohorts.
This employee benefit is easy to use and is offered at no extra cost to employees.
Fall courses include some critical skills to build upon and some deeper dive topics within the 300 level cohort programs, including:
- Development 301 - In this free deep-dive, take ownership of your development by completing your own individual development plan.
- Mindfulness for Well-being - This cohort provides a comprehensive understanding of mindfulness and focus including the direct impact they have on your day-to-day effectiveness and learn about the science behind meditation practices for greater well-being.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations - This course explores the five steps for dealing with challenging people in an interactive and experiential environment. You will walk away with a strategy for having successful conversations. This is one of the most transformative programs on managing, communicating, and building relationships with difficult people. It is time to transform uncomfortable conversations into opportunities for growth.
- Mental Health First Aid for Higher Education - Region 6 will be here for an eight-hour certificate course that teaches you how to help someone who may be experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge. The training helps you identify, understand and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
The registration system tracks all the courses you are registered to attend and those that have been completed. Follow the instructions below to access Re-Imagining U:
- Review the Fall 2019 Re-Imagining U Catalog.
- Identify the courses that best align with your development goals and discuss them with your leader to ensure business needs can be covered while you attend the class.
- Click HERE to access the registration system link and select UNMC from the left toolbar.
- Selecting a course: Click on the title of a course to access the description page for that course.
- Add the course to your cart (click the large green button upper right corner) if you want to register to attend.
- Select and add all of the courses you want to register to attend to your cart.
- Proceed to the checkout using the green Checkout button at the top right of your screen that looks like a shopping cart.
- If you were not already logged in to the registration website through TrueYou, you will be prompted to log in. Once logged in, you will be asked to review the courses in your cart.
- If OK, click on the Proceed to Next Step button to process your registration. You will then proceed to the Receipt & Confirmation page.
- Check your email for an Enrollment Confirmation from MAILTO:training @UNL.edu.
- Important: You must accept the invitation to add the course(s) to your Outlook calendar automatically. If you had multiple courses in the cart when you check out, all the invitations will arrive in the same email. Open each link and click save to add it to your calendar.
- Show up the day of the course and learn incredible and amazing things to help you in your job.