The New Investigator Award
New Investigator Awards go to outstanding UNMC scientists who in the past two years have secured their first funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense or other national sources. New Investigators also had to demonstrate scholarly activity such as publishing their research and/or presenting their findings at national conventions.
- Name: Gurudutt Pendyala, Ph.D.
- Title: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Anesthesiology
- Joined UNMC: 2008
- Hometown: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
The goal of my research is: Developing novel therapeutics that can improve brain function by reducing inflammation associated with long-term addiction to drugs.
My research will make a difference because: We want to not only find answers, but find answers that positively impact humanity.
The best advice I've ever been given is: Learn how to think, not what to think.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I am a polyglot, having grown up in a joint family speaking four different languages.
- I regularly listen and recite Vedic hymns in Sanskrit.
- I am a calligraphy artist (but rarely get time these days to pursue this passion).
Thank you all for your warm wishes. Much appreciated.
Congratulations to you Guru. I'm happy for this recognition and wish you continued success. Your best advice is right on target.
Congrats Gurudutt for a well deserved award. Wish you more success!