- Name: Padmashri Ragunathan, Ph.D.
- Title: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Neurological Sciences, College of Medicine
- Joined UNMC: 2010
- Hometown: Coimbatore, India
The New Investigator Award
New Investigator Awards go to outstanding UNMC scientists who in the past two years have secured their first funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense or other national sources. New Investigators also had to demonstrate scholarly activity such as publishing their research and/or presenting their findings at national conventions.
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
The goal of my research is: To contribute to the investigation of synaptic, astrocytic and behavioral alterations in a mouse model of fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
My research will make a difference because: Understanding the effects of developmental alcohol exposure on astrocytes can provide insights into the design of therapeutic strategies for FASD.
The best advice I've ever been given is: Take things one step at a time.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I prefer walking, and public transportation is my preferred mode when I need to travel longer distances.
- I love drinking tea.
- I do not have any social media accounts.