Flu clinics for colleagues in Omaha and Belleuve this year are being done a little differently due to COVID-19 safety precautions. Below are some key things to know about this year's flu clinics:
If you work in a clinical area that has staff to administer the vaccine, get your flu shot in your clinical area. Managers will be notified when vaccines are available for your area.
If you do not work in a clinical area, but are working on Nebraska Medical Center/UNMC or Bellevue Medical Center campus, see the flu clinic below and sign up for a day and time that works with your schedule.
If you have gotten your flu shot at an alternative location such as a primary care provider, local pharmacy or grocery store, make sure to document that in the influenza database.
- If you have health insurance through Nebraska Medicine your vaccination should be covered free-of-charge. If you have a different insurance provider, please check with them as to whether any co-pay is required if you get your flu shot at a clinic, community pharmacy, etc.
- UNMC employees who completed the health risk assessment and are enrolled in its health insurance can received a flu shot at any in-network pharmacy for free. If the employee didn't complete the health risk assessment, normal co-pays would apply.
Organizers are evaluating an option for offsite flu clinics to accommodate colleagues working remotely -- information related to this site will be coming soon.
If you work in non-clinical areas at UNMC, Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center, you must click here to sign up to reserve a time slot to get your flu shot. Once you have selected your desired location, dates and times will appear for you. Reserved time slots will help us practice safe social distancing and avoid crowds. Employees must bring their ID cards.
Please fill out your influenza questionnaire on the influenza database before your scheduled time and please arrive as close as possible to your appointment.
Nebraska Medical Center (all appointments will be in lower Storz Pavilion)
- Thursday, Oct. 8: 9 to 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 9: 10 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 15: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 16: 10 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Noon to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 22: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23: 10 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 3: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 4: 2 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: 1 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bellevue Medical Center (all appointments will be in the main foyer on the garden level)
- Friday, Oct. 16: 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 23: 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 26: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: Noon to 2 p.m.
It appears as all the time slots are filled -- will more open up?
Any news on flu shot sites for people working off-campus?
The link is for both UNMC and Nebraska Medicine employees.
The link in this paragraph indicates that it's for Nebraska Medicine employees. Is there a separate link for UNMC? "If you work in non-clinical areas at UNMC, Nebraska Medical Center and Bellevue Medical Center, you must click here to sign up to reserve a time slot to get your flu shot."