It's not too late to get your flu shot.
Onsite and off-site clinics are available this week and next (see dates below). The final clinic will be the afternoon of Nov. 17 at Nebraska Medical Center.
All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to document receipt of their flu shot in the Bookings site -- regardless of where they obtained it. Individuals who elect not to receive a flu shot also are asked to document their decision in the Bookings site. The med center's goal is to have a flu vaccination/reporting status of 90%.
Still need your flu shot?
To help avoid clusters of people waiting, employees and students are encouraged to schedule a time to receive their vaccine at Nebraska Medical Center and the Universal Swab Center through the Bookings site. However, walk-ins are welcome with the following guidance:
- Walk-ins for employees will be allowed at flu shot clinics with the following guidance:
- Walk-ins should arrive no sooner than 30 minutes after the clinic start time
- Allow patience while we manage social distancing
- We may ask employees to return later to eliminate crowding and lines
- If you work in a clinical area (inpatient or outpatient) ask your leadership about getting a flu shot in your department
- If you are working from home, various community locations provide the vaccine such as local pharmacies, grocery stores or your primary care provider
- UNMC employees who completed the health risk assessment and are enrolled in its health insurance can receive a flu shot at any in-network pharmacy for free. For employees who did not complete the health risk assessment, normal co-pays would apply.
- If you receive a vaccine at an outside location, document this in our health tracking system.
Universal Swab Center, located at 5710 S. 144th St. in Omaha, inside the former Super Saver.(The flu shot clinic will be separated from the area where swab collection is.)
- Today - 1 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 12- 1 to 4 p.m.
Here's what you need to know, if you get your flu shot at this clinic:
- You must wear a mask and your ID badge, along with adhering to social distancing guidelines upon entry and during your vaccination time
- Please follow the signs as the flu shot clinic will be to the right of the main entrance
- We ask that you come alone -- no visitors.
Nebraska Medical Center (all appointments will be in lower Storz Pavilion)
The remaining on-campus flu clinics will be:
- Today - 1 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.