This profile is part of a series to highlight the researchers who will be honored at a ceremony for UNMC's 2020 Scientist Laureate, Distinguished Scientist and New Investigator Award recipients.
- Name: Diana Florentina Florescu, MD
- Title: Professor, UNMC Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine
- Joined UNMC: July 2009
- Hometown: Bucharest, Romania
The Distinguished Scientist Award
The Distinguished Scientist Award, sponsored by UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, MD, recognizes researchers who have been among the most productive scientists at UNMC during the past five years.
- Infections in transplantation
The goal of my research is: to advance scientific research, bring new therapies and cutting-edge technology to affected populations and to treat a broad and diverse population of affected individuals.
My research will make a difference because: it will improve people's quality of life, create new scientific findings and technologies and help build a better future.
The best advice I've ever been given is: to always follow your dreams and surpass your limits.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I am passionate about traveling the world. I have been to five different continents.
- I am involved in competitive ballroom dancing. I have even won a couple of medals!
- I have always loved flowers, floral arrangements and growing my own fruits and vegetables. Needless to say, I love gardening.
Congrats Diana--you are an inspiration!
A very well-deserved honor!
Diana, what a great honor! You are well deserving of this recognition.
Congratulations Dr. Florescu, your talents are limitless!!