On May 13 and 14, the Child Health Research Institute held its 19th annual Child Health Research Institute Pediatric Research Forum. Researchers and research trainees submitted nearly 100 research projects to be reviewed.
The following trainee researchers won prizes in their respective divisions:
|Amanda Dave, MD|
- First Prize: Amanda Dave, MD, "Evaluation of Brain Cholesterol Metabolism after Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury"
- Second Prize: Naveen Kumar Perumal, PhD, "MiR-212 Functions as a Tumor Suppressor Gene in Group 3 Medulloblastoma via Targeting Nuclear Factor I/B (NFIB)"
- Third Prize: Anup Pathania, PhD, "MicroRNA 29 Family Inhibits Neuroblastoma Progression and Immune Escape Mechanisms by Targeting B7-H3"
Anum Akbar, MBBS
- First Prize: Anum Akbar, MBBS, "Genetic and Pharmacologic Inhibition of Signal Transducers and Activator of Transcription (STAT3) Sensitizes Medulloblastoma Cells and Tumor Growth to Cisplatin"
- Second Prize: Morgan Busboom, DPT, "Power Training Improves the Sensorimotor Cortical Oscillations in Youth with Cerebral Palsy"
- Third Prize: Gabrielle Brumfield, "Novel Mouse Model for Analysis of Macrophage Function in Neuroblastoma"
- First Prize: Jeffrey Kepple, "Direct Hyperbilirubinemia in Infants with Trisomy 13 and 18"
- Second Prize: Adriano DellaPolla, "Femoral and Tibial Indications for Initial and Reoperation Surgeries with Fassier-Duval Intramedullary Rods for Children with Osteogenesis Imperfecta"
- Third Prize: Megan Gillespie, "The Effect of Bisphosphonate Therapy on Hearing and Middle Ear Dysfunction in Pediatric Osteogenesis Imperfecta"
- Diego Gomez, "Minor Anomalies of the Face in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders"
View a recording of the May 13 forum events, including the presentations by the division winners.Rakhee RathnamJune 02, 2021 at 8:40 PM
Many congratulations everyone!!Ann Anderson BerryJune 02, 2021 at 6:19 AM
Congratulations to all of these award winners on their excellent work!