The Department of Pathology and Microbiology provides an attractive and nationally competitive salary and benefits package. Details of the salary, benefits, and support network can be found at the College of Medicine's Graduate Medical Education.
Furthermore, our department provides additional support to its residents to enhance their career:
- $1,000 professional development allowance per resident per year of training for the support of academic books, board examinations and continuing education.
- $2,000 conference attendance and travel, limit 2 trips per year with abstract.
- Residents are encouraged and supported by the department to present at scientific meetings. The department funds travel to professional meetings where the resident presents their research.
- A fully stocked up to date department library.
- Free membership to the Nebraska Association of Pathologists and dinner after the meeting.
- Perks include:
- weekday lunch stipend
- convenient parking
- lab coats with laundry service
- Upon entrance to Pathology Residency Program, each resident is provided four books, which are not deducted from the education/book fund:
The books are:
- Sternberg’s Diagnostic surgical pathology 6th edition (The AP didactic curriculum is based on reading material from this book)
- Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Laboratory Methods 23rd edition (The CP didactic curriculum is based on reading material from this book)
- Laboratory Administration for Pathologists (CAP)
- Practical Surgical Pathology: Morphology & Molecular Pathology
If you would like to learn more about UNMC as a community or Omaha as a city to live, please see our webpage: About UNMC and Omaha.