- Name: Sid Byrareddy, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Bangaluru, India
- New title and department at UNMC: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience
- HIV/SIV cure
- drugs of abuse
- macaque models
- vaccine development
How I fell in love with research:
From the time I first knew about medicine, I was an admirer of science and research. In the words of Wernher von Braun, "Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." Without research, the world today would not have vaccine-preventable diseases. We would not have made the strides we have made in reducing maternal and infant mortality or in the prevention and control of infectious diseases. These are but a few of the many achievements that have resulted from research. The world continues to rely on research to find answers to diseases that have plagued mankind -- AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and emerging diseases.
- Ph.D., NIMHANS/JNCASR, India, 2007, neurovirology/molecular biology
- Global Young Academy (GYA)
- International AIDS Society
- Indian National Science Academy
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am a member of GYA, striving to excel in mentoring young investigators.
- I love following cricket games and play at times.
- I love traveling across globe.