The Distinguished Scientist Award
The Distinguished Scientist Award -- which is sponsored by the chancellor -- recognizes researchers who have been among the most productive scientists at UNMC during the past five years.
- Name: Matthew Lunning, D.O.
- Title: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine; medical director, lymphoma research.
- Joined UNMC: Aug. 24, 2015. Dr. Lunning completed his internal medicine residency at UNMC in 2009 and was also chief resident in internal medicine from July 2009 to June 2010.
- Hometown: Mason City, Iowa
Lymphoma, CAR (chimeric antigen receptor)-T cells
The goal of my research is: To improve the outcomes and quality of life in patients with lymphoma.
My research will make a difference because: We have an excellent research team that spans multiple disciplines.
The best advice I've ever been given is: When in times of difficulty remember the Serenity Prayer.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I love to teach tennis.
- I collect bottles of wine from the year I was born.
- I enjoy listening to music composed by Dr. Robert Greg Bociek.
Congratulations Matt, keep up the great work!
Congratulations! It's a pleasure and honor to work with you on lymphoma research projects.
Congratulations! Matt, well deserved.
Congratulations Matt! Very proud of your journey so far, and the future is bright for you.