Alisha Wright is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Alisha Wright
- Hometown: Tilden, Nebraska
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, clinical education coordinator, College of Allied Health Professions, Radiography and CT Programs
How I fell in love with radiography: X-ray has interested me since I was in high school, but I was unsure if that was what I wanted to pursue as a career. After playing college volleyball and never sustaining a severe injury, I was playing city rec volleyball and hurt my knee. When I was at urgent care, the radiographer who was taking me back for my X-rays ran me into the wall with my injured leg. From that moment on, I knew I wanted to be a radiographer and focus on making my patients' experience the best that I possibly could.
- Master of Health Professions Teaching and Technology, UNMC, 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, UNMC 2004
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists-Member
- Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiation Science-Member
- Nebraska Society of Radiologic Technologists-Member
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love to play sports of all kinds and was a college volleyball player.
- I am mildly ambidextrous (I do everything right-handed except that I eat and write left-handed) and I married someone who is the exact same way.
- I was given a pen pal from Florida as a fourth-grader and we still talk and write to this day.
Welcome! I am ambidextrous as well. It was very helpful when I was a pizza maker adding all the toppings. Saved a lots of time. Best wishes, Donny