This profile is part of a series to highlight the researchers who will be honored at a ceremony for UNMC's 2020 Scientist Laureate, Distinguished Scientist and New Investigator Award recipients.
- Name: Anthony Podany, PharmD
- Title: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, College of Pharmacy
- Joined UNMC: October 2014
- Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska
New Investigator Award
New Investigator Awards go to outstanding UNMC scientists who in the past two years have secured their first funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense or other national sources. New investigators also had to demonstrate scholarly activity such as publishing their research and/or presenting their findings at national conventions.
- HIV pharmacology
The goal of my research is: to optimize therapy for people living with HIV to bring about superior health outcomes. I have a particular interest in the co-treatment of HIV and tuberculosis (TB).
My research will make a difference in individuals living with HIV and TB because: it will help bring about shorter, more simplified and better-tolerated treatment regimens for treating the diseases concurrently.
The best advice I've ever been given is: simply the golden rule -- "Treat others as you would like others to treat you."
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I once road an elephant in northern Thailand.
- I enjoy drinking and learning about wine. Becoming a sommelier is an appealing retirement plan.
- My wife, Sarah, and I have three kids, Adelyn (11), Jack (8) and Beau (4). Sunday afternoon golf outings have become a tradition for our family.
Congratulations Anthony - keep up the good work!
Congrats Tony!!! more than deserved and many more to come.