The Internal Medicine Research Council (IMRC) is a group that was created as a result of a departmental strategic planning session. The IMRC consists of individual representation from each of the divisions within the Department of Internal Medicine. The Vice-Chair for Research is the designated chair of the IMRC.
The IMRC administers the following Departmental activities:
- Oversight of the Internal Medicine Annual Research Awards nomination and selection process: Career Excellence in Research, Clinical Research Award, Basic Science Research Award, Fellowship Research Award, Postdoctoral Research Award, Resident Research Award, Medical Student Research Award, Daughton Research Award, and Laureate Award for a Visiting Scientist.
- Investigate mechanisms to increase grant funding aimed at clinical research and basic science research within the department.
- Integrate the Ph.D. faculty, residents, and fellows to address issues that are research oriented.
- Serve as a group to review grants/manuscripts on an ad-hoc basis.
- Set up a mechanism to find grants, awards, and foundations to apply for grants.
Current IMRC Members:
- Ted Mikuls, MD, IMRC Chair, Vice Chair for Research
- Kristina Bailey, MD, Associate Vice Chair for Research, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep & Allergy
- Matthew Lunning, MD, Associate Vice Chair for Research, Oncology/Hematology
- Andrew Goldsweig, MD, Cardiovascular
- Vijay Shivaswamy, MBBS, Diabetes, Endocrinology, & Metabolism
- Dahn Clemens, PhD, Gastroenterology/Hepatology
- Paul Thomes, PhD, Gastroenterology/Hepatology
- Chad Vokoun, MD, General Internal Medicine, Hospitalists
- Jason Shiffermiller, MD, Hospital Medicine
- Thuy Koll, MD, Geriatrics
- Andre Kalil, MD, MPH, Infectious Diseases
- Benita McVicker, PhD, Nephrology
- Muhamed Baljevic, MD, Oncology/Hematology
- Frederick Hamel, PhD, Diabetes, Endocrine, and Metabolism
- Bryant England, MD, Rheumatology & Immunology
- Kaitlyn Brittan, MD, Resident Representative
- Brett Henderson, MD, Resident Representative
- Tate Johnson, MD, Resident Representative
- Angie Peppers, Vice Chair for Finance & Administration
- Renee Hill, Vice Chair of Research Administration and Development