The Distinguished Scientist Award
The Distinguished Scientist Award -- which is sponsored by the chancellor -- recognizes researchers who have been among the most productive scientists at UNMC during the past five years.
- Name: Donald Klepser, Ph.D.
- Title: Associate professor and vice chair, pharmacy practice and science, UNMC College of Pharmacy
- Joined UNMC: 2005
- Hometown: Bay City, Mich.
- Point-of-care testing in pharmacies
The goal of my research is: To utilize the accessibility and expertise of community pharmacists to improve medication use and patient care.
My research will make a difference because: Changing care delivery models will improve the efficiency with which care is delivered.
The best advice I've ever been given is: You have two ears and one mouth -- listen twice as much as you speak.
Three things you may not know about me are:
- I am the varsity soccer coach at Omaha Concordia High School.
- My parents are both pharmacists, who owned a community pharmacy in Bay City, Mich.
- I am part owner of a local brewery (Pint Nine Brewing Co.).
Congratulations Don!🎉 Well deserved!
You are a chip off the old block. Congratulations
Way to go Don-Jayme Johnson’s Mom(Mrs.Christine Allin)
Congratulations on this honor!
Congrats, Don! Awesome recognition that is well deserved.
Congratulations Dr. Klepser! Well deserved!
Congratulations Dr. Klepser!