Department of Epidemiology
College of Public Health
University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2023-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology
- 2023-present, Public Health Principal, The MITRE Corporation
- 2018-2023, Principal, Kraushold Consulting
- 2016-2018, Senior Epidemiologist, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Department of Public Health
- 2010-2016, Epidemiologist, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Department of Public Health
- 2008-2010, Public Health Prevention Service Fellow, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 2018, PhD in Clinical Sciences, University of Colorado – Anschutz Medical Campus
- 2008, MPH, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- 2006, BS, Georgia State University
- Intersection between public health practice and healthcare delivery. Her research has focused on chronic disease, both pediatric and adult chronic health conditions, and using clinical data from electronic health records for public health surveillance in these areas.
- Novel methods to link clinical data with auxiliary data sources such as administrative datasets (e.g., claims and insurance enrollment), community datasets (e.g., individuals enrollment in and receipt of services to respond to social needs), and the outcomes of such efforts to measure health from a more holistic and complete longitudinal dataset
- Conducted practice-based research on the topic of data governance, both single institution data governance and multi-institution data governance and specializes in participatory governance practices.
- He, S., Park, S., Fujii, Y., Pierce, S.L., Kraus, E.M., Wall, H.K., Therrien, N.L. and Jackson, S.L., 2023. State-Level Hypertension Prevalence and Control Among Adults in the US. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
- Hohman, K.H., Zambarano, B., Klompas, M., Wall H.K., Kraus, E.M, Carton, T.W., Jackson, S.L., 2023. Development of a Hypertension Electronic Phenotype for Chronic Disease Surveillance in Electronic Health Records: Key Analytic Decisions and Their Effects. Preventing Chronic Disease, 20.
- Kraus, E.M., Saintus, L., Martinez, A.K., Brand, B., Begley, E., Merritt, R.K., Hamilton, A., Rubin, R., Sullivan, A., Karras, B.T. and Grannis, S., 2023. Fostering Governance and Information Partnerships for Chronic Disease Surveillance: The Multi-State EHR-Based Network for Disease Surveillance. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, pp.10-1097.
- Kompaniyets, L., Freedman, D.S., Belay, B., Pierce, S.L., Kraus, E.M., Blanck, H.M. and Goodman, A.B., 2023. Probability of 5% or Greater Weight Loss or BMI Reduction to Healthy Weight Among Adults With Overweight or Obesity. JAMA Network Open, 6(8), pp.e2327358-e2327358.
- Belay, B., Kraus, E.M., Porter, R., Pierce, S.L., Kompaniyets, L., Lundeen, E.A., Imperatore, G., Blanck, H.M. and Goodman, A.B., 2023. Examination of Prediabetes and Diabetes Testing Among US Pediatric Patients with Overweight or Obesity Using an Electronic Health Record. Childhood Obesity.
- Kraus, E.M., Pierce, S.L., Porter, R., Kompaniyets, L., Vos, M.B., Blanck, H.M., King, R.J. and Goodman, A.B., 2023. Using Real-World Electronic Health Record Data to Assess Chronic Disease Screening in Children: A Case Study of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Childhood Obesity.
- Hohman, K.H., Martinez, A.K., Klompas, M., Kraus, E.M., Li, W., Carton, T.W., Cocoros, N.M., Jackson, S.L., Karras, B.T., Wiltz, J.L. and Wall, H.K., 2023. Leveraging Electronic Health Record Data for Timely Chronic Disease Surveillance: The Multi-State EHR-Based Network for Disease Surveillance. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 29(2), pp.162-173.
- Scott, K.A., Davies, S.D., Zucker, R., Ong, T., Kraus, E.M., Kahn, M.G., Bondy, J., Daley, M.F., Horle, K., Bacon, E. and Schilling, L., 2022. A process to deduplicate individuals for regional chronic disease prevalence estimates using a distributed data network of electronic health records. Learning Health Systems, 6(3), p.e10297.
- Kraus, E.M., Brand, B., Hohman, K.H. and Baker, E.L., 2022. New directions in public health surveillance: using electronic health records to monitor chronic disease. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 28(2), pp.203-206.
- Kraus, E.M., Scott, K.A., Zucker, R., Heisey-Grove, D., King, R.J., Carton, T.W., Daley, M.F., Davies, S.J.D., Block, J.P., Haemer, M. and Goodman, A.B., 2022. A Governance Framework to Integrate Longitudinal Clinical and Community Data in a Distributed Data Network: The Childhood Obesity Data Initiative. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 28(2), p.E421.